Thursday, January 1, 2009

Can You Believe It?

Today I had a phone chat (2hrs, 8min & 48sec) with my sister Karen. By the way I almost detest talking on the phone but love talking to Karen. As we had our "end of one year-beginning of another" conversation, I talked about wanting to get back in the groove of writing. Note I am not using the word "resolution" - more on that later. Karen asked if I wanted to write for personal pleasure or publishing pleasure and I told her I want both. As an intermediate step between just the joy of writing and making the New York Times bestseller list, she suggested I set up a blog. Trying not to make my ignorance too obvious I resisted asking Karen what language she was speaking. Actually I had some idea of what a blog is but didn't know it was something that just anyone could do, certainly not me. But in a "beginning of a new year" spirit, I checked out some others and then went to the website she suggested. Being sure I was less capable than what my dear sister seemed to assume, I set about creating a blog (very strange word indeed!) and was astounded to see how easy it is. So here I am. Can you believe it?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. Bravo!!! I love it! I had no doubt you could do it. And I love talking with you too. Did we really talk that long??? By the way, "blog" comes from "web blog".

    ReplyDelete